From:
"Reed, Melinda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 15:42:41 -0400
Yesterday I posted regarding a ferret I am sitting for a friend.  I got so
many great responses from fellow FML'ers I just wanted everyone here to know
what a great source of info we have for the ferret community.  Sissy will be
an only ferret, and will be spoiled rotten when her owner returns because I
will keep her separated from my four nosey rosies and she is just going to
be little lady who will be pampered a bit by me so she can feel a little
more comfortable.  Thank you to everyone for their advice and suggestions.

On another note regarding the Legalization Effort in California, last week
I saw a post on one of the talk shows (20/20, Dateline, can't remember)
regarding people with exotic birds.  The segment reminded me of our ferret
community because they talked about the different clubs there were, the
internet lists people did, and the very time consuming care of these birds.
How come we can't get the same thing for our ferret community?  I have tried
e-mailing various news groups regarding getting a piece on the ferret
community but they do not response.  What type of voice do we need to be
heard?  Wouldn't now be a great time for something like this.  It could be
centered around the ferret legalization effort in California.  If WE ALL ON
THE FML e-mailed, called and faxed just one newsgroup could we not have a
voice that is heard and maybe they could do something like this?  The whole
time I was watching the bird segment I kept thinking, "this would be great
for fuzzies".  It would also get information out there to the impulse buyer.
There seems to be impulse buyers for the bird world also.  There are also
Bird Shelters where people take in unwanted birds.

I hope I don't get ignored on this.  I would like to know what others think.
There are some great shelters out there that I am sure would be willing to
be filmed.  Maybe if someone on this list knew someone pretty famous they
could help us.

Mindy in little 'ole West Virginia with BIG ideas on the fuzzy community,
along with her four very spoiled rotten, adorable, loving fuzzbeans -
Whiskers, Tiny, Cocoa and Tigger, and one very shy gal who is being babysat,
Sissy.