From:
kojima keiko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 21:31:30 +0900
Hello ferret lovers,

I have been lurking for quite a long time and enjoy every piece of useful
information discussed in FML.

Yesterday Dan requested to contact other ferret lovers in Japan, so here I
am.  I have been living with my ferrets for 6 years and working hard to
distribute vital information on ferret welfare.  Unfortunately, ever since
the on-going ferret fad hit the Japanese market about 2 years ago, business
has been always ahead of the education.  However, Dr. Gandolfi, introduced
by CDFA, gave Conference on domestic ferrets in Japan in November for the
general owners/petshops in a.m. and for vets in p.m.  The lectures dealt
with the basic veterinary medicine but were excellent for the limited time
(I can't perform simultaneous interpretation).  I hope the infrastructure
will catch up in a near future.  If any Japanese ferrer owners/vets reading
this post needs the text from the conference, I can arrange it.  Please
contact me.

The average price range Dan cited is also what I see.  BEW was around 90,000
yen or roughly $900.  Unaltered ferrets are less expensive.  Recently the
retail price seems to be getting a little lower.  So far, MF is dominant in
the market, followed by PV and other ferrets from New Zeland, Australia and
Germany as far as I know.  So much for today.  If anyone needs to contact
me, feel free to do so.

Merry Christmas to all.

Keiko, Zooey, Franny, Ginger & Cinnamon