From:
Lorrie Woodward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 09:39:12 -0500
Hi.  This is my first time to post.  I've been a lurker until now, but
something happened that made me want to ask a question.

I have a little deaf ferret named CiCi.  She is precious and we love her to
death, but we thought she might like a hearing companion to help her out
when we call and such.  We thought we would try a rescue, so I called the
Humane Society here last week and they had a ferret, but said it wouldn't
be available until THIS week.  They wouldn't take my name and number but
said to call back.

So I called this morning and they had given it away!  I was very
disappointed and they said they gave him/her to a man who takes in animals.
Apparently a home rescuer.  I tracked him down and found that this is his
first ferret and he has decided to keep her/him.  I gave him what info I
could (he knows NOTHING, lol) but it got me to thinking....does anyone
know of any ferret rescue/shelters in western Arkansas or eastern Oklahoma
area?  If so, I'd love to know about them.

Thanks....Lorrie and CiCi