From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 15:42:43 EST
Sukie wrote:
>The first things we say when a dog sniffs out hands is "Yes, those are
>ferrets.".  (We'd never be so interesting ourselves...)

Bingo!  ... and then I have to explain to the humans too, who are usually
wondering why I'm so interesting to their dog.

Susan wrote:
>The curious thing we noticed was that the two that had reactions were the
>two that stressed out the most over the visit. ...  So I wonder if maybe
>their stress level contributed to their reactions?

I've heard this mentioned several times on the FML.  The first vaccine
reaction I've had (in 12 years of multiple ferrets) was Lunessa this year
(pre-treated with benadryl) who was an abuse victim and VERY stressed out
by her visit to the vet.  Anyone else have more thoughts on this?  or how
to prevent stress?

And for anyone out in Oakland, my wonderful old car is starting a new life
in sunny California.  So if you see a blue Plymouth Reliant with the bumper
stickers "My Cat is my honor student" and "My other cat is a ferret" please
say hi (to the car; I still live in Massachusetts :-)  This car carried
around a lot of ferrets in its day and well deserves a retirement free of
New England winters...

Ronnie