Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 22:46:48 EDT
In a message dated 8/24/99 6:21:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time, STARFerret
writes:
>I was just trying to get more shelter operators to TRY the placement
>service approach along with being a shelter.  This post was not to be
>separate like you and I are, but to do both functions - what you called
>being a "super shelter".  I think it is working here in our area...

It does work - I agree.  I know (thank God) that I have in less ferrets
than you did as a shelter.  The placement service would be a good
'volunteer' job for other shelters.  Don't you think.  I personally know I
couldn't run the placement part also, there just isn't enough time in the
day.  I talk up a blue streak to try and get people to use that option.
Especially for older more likely to be stressed ferrets.  Or last year when
I was having ECE problems.

I think we have an excellent working relationship.  Our communication helps
and having known each other.  I guess I was just trying to stress it wasn't
likely that shelters would be done away with.

So people out there, that have some free time and good people and
organizational skills - why not volunteer to help set up a placement
service for your shelter.

Faith
Ferrets R #1 Shelter & Rescue