From:
"D. Hay" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 10:16:34 -0500
>I have purchased several (4) FERRET GATES from an advertisement I got out
>of Modern Ferret magazine.  They may appear to be a little pricey but they
>work extremely well.  I can isolate my ferrets from potential harm if we
>should have visitors.

I saw this on the FML and thought I'd give the group another idea.  What we
do is buy the regular child gate from wal mart or k mart (they are about
$10).  Then we get two pieces of cardboard (it takes two pieces because the
gate telescopes to fit almost any size door or opening) and trim them to
fit in the frame over the diagonal/square holes so the fuzzies can't crawl
up the face of the gate.  We then secure the cardboard with duct tape to
the frame.  While it may not be the top line of fashion and decor, it sure
serves the purpose of protecting the fuzzies from places they don't need to
go.  We have used two gates like this for over a year and so far they have
held up perfectly.  The only problem we had was putting a chair too close
and Oz learned how to "sail" over it.  Man can that ferret fly- LOL.
Dooks to all!!!!

Damon, Pennie, Emily
and the Five Terrors:
Peppin  (WOW can I BITE!!),
Sheeba  (I want some strawberry Licorice !!),
Grendel (I'm a monster- Grrrr!!),
Moose   (Where is Squirrel??),
 and
Oz      (I'm a magician-I'll make yer favorite things disappear- POOF!!)