Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2011 18:39:03 -0500
morning..

forgive the writing, please. wolfy wrote and asked what thoughts
were concerning the animal planet television show for mike tyson. it
actually makes me feel queezy when the add comes on and i see him.
when, pray tell, is it appropriate to honor a rapist with a television
show.

i am getting to the ferret importance. bear with me, if you will.

in 1992 this man raped an 18 year old girl. he was found guilty and
served a mere 3 years in prison. in 1999 he was again imprisoned for a
year for assaulting 2 motorists. in las vegas, i recall a shelter and
several ferrets and mike tyson. it seems really unfair...the laws that
should protect animals does not provide a fair sentence, in my humble
opinion. what ever the out come was...i remember that people were
disappointed.

the thing is...whether we are more offended that animal planet is show
casing a rapist or one who hurts ferrets... i believe that it may have
more bite if the target of discussion is honoring a rapist. so ...

i went to animal planet web site and found where i could leave an
email. they responded politely. i then called their ethics hotline at
1-571-262-4899, and left a message.

i said how many years i have treasured animal planet shows. bu that
mike tyson was a convicted rapist that went to prison in 1992. he so
badly assaulted 2 gentlemen in 1999 that he was sent to prison for
another year. how would they feel if their daughter or wife was raped,
and then the man was honored on animal planet.

i said that corporate greed seemed to have over taken ethics in this
case, and that i was truly disappointed in them. i doubt the show will
be removed. but perhaps if people call and write in, there will only
be one season of show casing a brutal rapist who hurt ferrets.

in 2006, he was arrested in scottsdale arizona on felony drug charges.
i found these apparent facts easily just googling mike tysons name.

bill...can i write these things here..
[Yes, as long as it's somehow related to ferrets (it is) it's clear
it's YOUR opinion (seems clear to me) and readers, as always, are
encouraged to double check facts for themselves. BIG]

the ferrets may have been grossly mistreated or killed. i do not
recall. but a man who hurts animals playing the starring role on
animal planet is worthy of an ethic hotline phone call.

the phone number for animal planet ethics hotline was 577-262-4899.

perhaps those with intimate info on the ferret situation...dates,
court, trial, conviction, could give us a synopsis.

p.s.; i took in an abandoned pigeon some years back and learned a great
deal about racing them. when they start loosing, you snap their necks
and move onto the next pigeon. there was a large market for them in
chicago. if tyson is racing them now....