Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2008 17:00:18 -0600
Hurry Hurry Hurry! Get your giving tree ferrets!

As of this writing, 34 ferrets need santas on 5 giving trees starting
with page 37!
http://www.mkaresq.com/The_Giving_Tree_2007/Tree_37.htm

This last week 4 trees were completed - pg 33, 34, 43, 49.

Pg 37,  4 - Marengo, Lady Houdini,Big Foot, Paul
Pg 44,  6 - Scout, Smokey, Mocha, Keegan, Orson, Bugaboo
Pg 45,  7 - Sugarbaby, Sneakyfoots, Samantha, Jinny, Janka, Henry,
            Sweetiefoots
Pg 51,  5 - Thumper, Snickers, Sam, Saki, MinnieMe
Pg 52, 12 - Tara, Sophie, Shilo, Sanchez, Osirus, Isis, Sasha, Gus,
            Fergie, DoDo, Artem, Tess

Just to highlight a few -
The little ones on page 51 at the Washington shelter can get adrenal
surgeries for $100 and are looking for sponsors. They also would like
treats or toys or anything you'd like to send so if you can't afford
the adrenal surgery donation send them a gift box instead!

Scout and Smokey on page 44 don't have a want list but I'd bet if you
email the shelter she'll let you know what they'd like!

Mocha and friends on page 44 at the VA shelter also don't have a wish
list so why not package up a few hammocks, toys, and treats for them!

Bugaboo on page 44 and others on page 45 at the MD shelter would like
crocheted fish and eggs, tubes, and soft warm bedding.

Orson on page 44 would like ferretone and cheweezels and I'm sure the
on-line ferret stores would be happy to take your order and deliver the
gifts!

Marengo on page 37 would like her very own tube to run through and I'm
guessing she'd like a few treats or ferretone to go with it!

Some of the others don't list their wants but we all know they secretly
want ferretone, toys and snuggly blankets!

On page 52 the little canadian fuzzies -
If you are in the US and would like to choose Canadian ferrets it is
very easy to do - purchase gifts,pack, label, take it to the post
office and fill out an international mailing form - be sure to mark
'gift' and an amount $50 or less so they don't have to pay fees on
the package, pay and mail! On all packages consider adding delivery
confirmation so you can check the number on line to make sure your
package was delivered. I opt for insurance on costly packages. Of all
the packages I mailed out this holiday season, 1 never arrived and it
was the one package I didn't include delivery confirmation on. Include
your email address in the package so the shelters can email you when
their packages arrive!

You can send gifts without choosing to be a santa. A toy or two, a
hammock, a blanket, a treat or two, a gift certificate a bag of food,
can be mailed to any of the fuzzies on the tree without filling out the
santa form! Or a box full of gifts could be sent to the shelter! Or if
you are in the area drop them off! Several on the tree are at the same
shelters. And it would be nice to remember the shelter caretakers too.
One item may not seem like a lot, but if 10 people send one item to the
same shelter, they add up! And even if the shelter receives only one
item, that is one item more than they had before!

Thank you to all who have sent gifts to these very deserving precious
little beings! The trees are almost complete with Santas!

Feel free to crosspost to other ferrety lists!

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org
www.iGive.com/FFS