Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:12:16 -0500
The AFA has a list of shelters on it's website. We list all shelters
regardless if they are AFA members or not. Keeping this kind of list up
to date is a monumental job. Shelters come and go every day. At this
time the AFA shelter list is sorely out of date.

We also have a list of veterinarians on our website. In order to be
listed the vet needs to be a current member. We pull the information
from our database quarterly so this information is kept up to date and
there is no pain staking task needed to do so.

We will soon have a breeder list on our website much like the vet list.
For current breeder members only. We are able to determine breeders and
vets by their membership type.

Since this process works so well for the vet list and soon to be
breeder list we are going to do the same for the shelter list. In order
to be listed on our shelter list the shelter must be in our database.
We will be going through our database to flag all current member
shelters so they can be pulled. Current member shelters will be flagged
based on having the name of their shelter as a business name in our
database. In order to get the non-member shelters in our database all
non-member shelters who wish to be listed must contact the AFA to be
included. Non-member shelters will be added to the database and will be
flagged as a list only member - they will not receive any of the other
benefits of AFA membership. Non-member shelters will also receive a
'renewal' notice just like all of our members do and it will be their
responsibility to return the renewal in order to stay listed.
Non-members will need to be renewed annually.

AFA hopes this new process will help to keep the information on our
website as up to date as possible. If anyone has any questions please
feel free to contact me at this email address. Non-member shelters
should also start contacting me in order to get their information in
our database. Please provide name, shelter name, address, phone number
and email address. Any non-member shelters who wish to become AFA
members, please join, visit www.ferret.org in order to join the AFA.

Vickie

Vickie McKimmey
Office Manager