From:
Date:
Sat, 23 May 1998 14:40:18 -0700
>From:    Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: additives, "chemicals", water
>I mean, most folks think, "Clear mountain water" means safe but I know
>from  family and friends in certain of those areas that some of it can't
>be touch due to large amounts of heavy metal run-off from old mines, and
>know how denuded some areas around old copper mines are for thousands of
>years.  If you are going with mountain water always check out the level
>of mining and what is mined for in that area and how the separations were
>done before you assume it's safe.

Mining isn't the only consideration.  We happen to live on a ridge leading
off from Little North Mountain in the Northernmost county in Virginia.

Our water is great.  Tastes good.  Nothing foul in it.  But on other parts
of this mountain water from one plot is foul with sulphur and microbes.
The next plot over has clear and good water.  Oh its "clear" from both
plots.  One is virtually poisonous and the other is healthy.  Yes Bob
pointed out sulphur is needed - but in trace amounts.  Too much of almost
anything is bad (well concrete things).

This is a non-mined area with no obvious signs of problems.

>From:    KBrieMom1 <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret on Disney 101 Dalmations cartoon
>It was nice to see a ferret on a cartoon, but I wish they would have
>portrayed the fuzzy correctly.  Just my .02 worth.

Well it was colored more like a gray squirrel with a white belly and tail
tip.  If they can't get the color right how should the get the personality?

Oh and the villan is Cruella DeVile (don't bet on the spelling)

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]