From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2008 16:34:04 -0400
July 2008 News

Master Largo's

Possum Senior Reporter Ziggy Reporter of a higher order Andy watching
from Rainbow Bridge

Possum here: oh boy! oh boy! oh boy! The Big Yellow Thingy is all done!
Mum is home with me now all day! I can't wait till she plays and plays
with me all day long! That means Miss Cathy D. is all done too maybe
she will come play with me too! Hey everybody my mum is all done
driving the big yellow thingy for the summer!

Suzie Q here: I hate to burst your bubble there Possum but mum has to
drive the big yellow thingy over the summer, only she gets the next 2
weeks off then she starts back to work. She needs to feed us so she
needs to work. Now we have lots and lots of things to report so let's
get to work.

Possum here: Okay so let's do it! So Suzie what happened to clinic day?
I thought that was going to happen on the 14th Of June.

Suzie Q here: It did happen on the 14th Of June. There were lots and
lots of humans here, why do you think Miss Kristie was in the shelter
all day? Thanks Miss Kristie for taking over for our mum! Miss Cathy R.
took care of the raffle table for mum, Miss Mary B. and Miss Joy D.
did the auction, Miss Pat N. Miss Mary M. and Doc worked hard to look
at fuzz butts, then Our Favorite Doc pulled the winning ticket for the
stained glass and Miss Mary M. pulled tickets for the raffle table
stuffs. Miss Donna D. Miss Stephanie N. Miss Stacie K. and Miss
Jill W. did what ever mum needed them to do for her. Miss Val the only
non-ferret friend here cooked hot dogs on the grill for mum again this
year! We even had a brand new shelter friend come that day, Miss Mindy
H. Did you have fun Miss Mindy? Here is the link to see the pictures
that Mr. Peter and Miss Lisa took for mum. Thanks you guys for
documenting the day! Mr. Harry got them up on the site so everybody
can see them! Thanks Mr. Harry for doing that for mum! We missed you
on Clinic day! Even our favorite Doc asked where you were.

http://community.webshots.com/album/563851571pKZvNP
Mr. Peter and Miss Lisa took more pictures on their camera; Mum has to
send them to Mr. Harry to put up on there too.

Possum here: WHAT the heck! No one came in to see me, hold me or bring
me presents!

Suzie Q here: Will you get over yourself Possum? That day is not about
you; it is about all the fuzz butts out there that need to see our
favorite Doc; to get check ups and hurt sticks to keep them happy and
healthy. It is; a coming together of the fur for the benefit of the fur
in the 4-ever homes that fur kids have gotten. Mum even sent 4 fur kids
out that day to new 4-ever homes! Way to go mum! Oh and Miss Anna and
Mr. Chris came with Popcorn and Velcro so mum could see them again, and
Miss Donna Z. brought Feisty and Julie so mum could see them. It was
like old home week at the shelter for mum and all the kids that used
to live here.

Possum here: Getting hurt sticks keeps fuzz butts happy? Are you out
of your fuzzy little brain?

Suzie Q here: Okay! Okay! So hurt sticks don't make us happy but they
keep us healthy. Now mum has something to say...

Mum Here: How do I say thank you to all the people that make clinic day
happen? Each year seems to get bigger and better! As each person makes
"their part" work; it makes my day easier! The weather though wet was
certainly more bearable than last year, the fur kids sure seemed to
enjoy the wet grass and the mud they were able to find out in the play
yard. I am incredibly blessed to have such wonderful people in my life
to help me do the job I so love to do! This includes all the people
that sent or brought things for the raffle table to help bring in money
for the kids. Thank you from the very bottom of my heart for supporting
my goals and helping me make them happen, it could not be done without
you! Okay girls mum is done you can take over the news again.

Possum here: geezzz she got a little wordy don't you think Suzie? Miss
Joy sent us a link to the pictures she took for the photo shoot on
clinic day. Miss Joy is even giving permission to download and print
anything you want. You can see them here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8891073@N03

Suzie Q here: You better watch it there Possum or mum is going to
replace you! Next subject!

Possum here: What is a subject?

Suzie Q here: How is it you are the senior reporter and you do not
know what a subject is? A subject is what we talk about in the news,
important things we discuss in the news.

Possum here: so what subject are we going to talk about now? Oh! Oh!
I know! I know! The club picnic, Miss Stephanie is having it at her
house on Saturday, August 23rd from 12 noon till ... If you want to
know more go here
http://ferretloversuny.org/
And don't forget about the 2008 Symposium: November 7 - 9 in
Pittsburgh, PA you can get more information here:
http://www.ferretcongress.org/

Mum got to see her two 2 legged furless kids, daughter in-laws and
grandkids on father's day. Her 2 legged furless boys bought her a new
toy, a portable DVD player. Mum says she thinks she has all the 21st
century stuffs now. She just needs to learn how to use them.

Suzie Q here: Miss Susann T. came to the shelter to see if she could
find a new fur kid to love, she could only get one of us because she
wants to work him/her into the business she already has. She looked at
several of us and none of us seemed interested in going to live with
her. Then Miss Susann saw Munchkin. Munchkin is a DMK kid that came in
for mum to work with. She was a pretty good biter when she got here.
Mum got her to feel safe and secure, so safe and secure that Munchkin
became an official Ferret Farm ferret (meaning she was now happy to be
here) on 6-21-08! Mum has been working to help her feel comfortable in
all the play rooms; the kitchen is the last and the hardest because it
includes mums upstairs apartment. It is more space, up the stairs and
includes a hall and bath room. On this morning mum picked Munchkin up
over the barrier set her down in the small area at the bottom of the
stairs. This usually sends Munchkin running for under the microwave
cabinet to shudder and watch for a 1/2 hr to make sure she is safe.
However on this morning she hit the floor talking and immediately
gave mum the wow! I am in the kitchen dance. Mum was so proud of her!
Anyway... Possum here: Suzie you are not telling the right story!

Suzie Q here: I am too! Anyway so Susann wants to know who this
little one is in this cage, mum says oh that is Munchkin. Susann opens
the cage door and Munchkin crawls out into Susann's arms and gives
her kisses. Mum was so surprised. Susann wanted Munchkin, so mum
reluctantly said well go to the library and let's see how she interacts
with you. Mum's heart was breaking because Munchkin was telling her
that she found her 4-ever mom and she wanted to go live with Susann.
Mum told her and Susann that if they change their minds Munchkin can
come back. The good news is that both Susann and Munchkin are very
happy with each other. Well we have tolds lots and this is long so
we better close for now.

So until next month;

Possum senior reporter; Suzie Q always in my fur

Suzie Q here: Fuzz brain! Stay warm in your hidey hole.......

Byeeee

Lakeroad Ferret Farm Rescue/shelter
www.ferretfarm.org

International Ferret Congress Vendor Coordinator
<http://ferretcongress.org/>

Petfinder Page
<http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/NY559.html>

Shelter Video