From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 23:46:02 EST
What a site it must have been to autistic eyes, and to a ferrets eye.  For
one special little boy, a shiny silver scooter sat under the tree... sorry
multi moving colored scooter that is (in Sean's eyes..reflective silver
does not exist at all..he can't see it... all he sees are colors in the
silver no matter how hard he tries), and, yes a miniture, metal, red, radio
flyer wagon....just ferret sized filled with ferret gifts.  Oh how Sean's
stocking was stuffed with candy, oranges and goodies.  The stocking with
the word "Fuzzies" on it stuffed with toys and treats to eat.  Low and
behold... for ferret and ferret-freak alike...a fleece tent pitched right
in front of the tree!

Oh how all the ferret daddies danced... one, two, and three!  Carpet Shark
Scott got his ferret Woobie made by Kat Parsons, some wood ferret cut
outs for our new house to be from Ron C and Sonny, and one of Vicki H.
Christmas hammies!  He stood with his ferret snugly carrier attached to his
front, afghan on his shoulders, looking at Bryan C's Shelter Poem book in
awe.  What a special personal ferrety Christmas it twas!  Chet played with
Laddie and the ferrety toys til they wore each other out.  Finally, Scott
and Chet played dolls dressing the ferrets in ferret clothing one by one
for the rest of the morning.

Sean walked in circles giving ferrets wagon rides (autistics love to spin,
and to walk in circles).  How Rocky just loved the attention.  I'm sure
Rocky thought of his shelter mom that day... because his shelter mom had a
similar wagon, and gave him rides all the time.  When Sean got to know
Rocky... they played and played with the wagon there.  Yes indeed I think
I might have seen a happy reminiscent glimmer in Rockies eye.

Yes St Nick had lots of extra goodies for xtra special daddies this year!

Wolfy
Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
for information on ferret deafness: