From:
J Gordon Bengtson CI/ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 19:20:17 -0400
I have receiver some 100 e-mail of support and kind words, I thanked each
and every one directly and thank them all again for the kind words and
support.

This isn't as rare as I thought it was.  But just the same is the very
first ever I heard of it never mind experienced a pet having it.  Is most
unfortunate there is no cure for it so best one can do is resort to hand
feeding and when that is no longer viable then that decision must be
made.

Kodo was alert and full of fun right up to the end where he became too
weak to play as he usually did precipitating that decision I had to make.

As to the incident around me in this case, lets go forward being able to
disagree but not be nasty and confrontational, lets be supportive, lets
offer help where we can, and most of all lets all be friends for a common
cause.  For the most part most people are of this 'flavor' evidenced by
the many e-mail that all said nearly the same thing in support of both
me and the FML.

While creating the heavens and all that which resides therein, God
created the animal, many of them.  Looking at his work He said "That is
good!".  Then he felt this cold wet spot on his foot.  Looking down He
saw a masked furry face looking up at him waiting with great patience.
God smiled at the little creature and said "You shall be domesticated
by Man and be a valued friend.  Not all man will be tolerant of you but
those of kind heart and intelligence will keep you with him honing his
patience.  Man's reward will be many laughs, much fun and an abundance
of learning about himself as he shares your short life on earth.  May
it be so.  "

With that the ferret joins man in life giving great benefit to each
sharing love and experiences.

Gordon and Byte-me
Missing Podo, Bud, Nibble-ed and Kodo