From:
Tammy Graves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:54:01 -0500
I've read a couple of recent posts on this and thought that I would add
what I have noticed with my girls.  I've had Frostie now for about 3.5 -
4 yrs and Rachel for about 2.5 - 3 yrs.  Before getting the ferrets we
noticed that every summer, we would get in some field mice that would
make their way into our yard and then into our house.  After getting the
ferrets however, the mice never ventured into our house anymore.  We do
find some dead outside though.  I believe this is due to my Siberian who
thinks that all animals that do not belong to our household that are
smaller than her and that are not cats or dogs, should be eliminated.

Question; we have a friend that has snakes.  He states that ferrets kill
snakes just as quickly as they do rodents.  Has anyone had a problem with
this?  My daughters like all creatures and would like a snake one day
too.  I would not ever get one though if I thought there would be a
problem with the ferrets killing one.  Also, ferrets are suppose to be
carnivores.  Mine do not like any meat period.  Is this uncommon?

Tammy Graves