From:
KattPatt of Sammy's Clubhouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2014 18:08:15 -0800
I tried searching the archives but it wasn't all that helpful as my
situation with a new kit doesn't fall into line with previous
discusions.

We had a 3 month old kit transferred to us from the pet store who is
costing them money to "fix". No problem and I am glad they think of us.
So the male kit has a red irratated penis, specially if you rub the
area or his belly. The vet they took him to could only check visually
as that is the way funding is set up and suspected a urinary tract
infection and prescribed Bactrim every 12 hours. 3ml. The store admits
they were not exact on 12 hours but varied from 8-10 hours between
first and second dose. He has been on this for 3 weeks. He will see our
normal vet this week. No other issues such as color of urine nor feces
being irregular. Very active, normal for a 3 month old. No pain - just
normal squirmy-ness. I have not delt with this before nor used Bactrim.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Specially any tests my vet
should run that you think would be helpful.

Thanks
Kathy of Sammy's Clubhouse
Spokane Ferret Rescue and Education
Main website: https://sites.google.com/site/sammysclubhouse