From:
Erik Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 11:04:11 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:

>I am asking about my three ferrets' living situation.  I am concerned
>about the lack of exercise they are getting.  we let then out of the cage
>for about 20 minutes one to two times a day.  this is when they run and
>chase and play.  I want to fix the cage we have and when we move build/buy
>another.  which will give them more room to romp and play.

Can you give them more time outside of the cage?  Even the largest of cages
will not likely give them enough room to really run around and explore.
The cage you described is probably adequate for three ferrets, but they
really need several hours a day outside the cage to play.

Getting a new, larger cage is a good idea if you're going to get more
ferrets, but the ones you have will be much happier if you let them out
more often.

Erik, Streudel and Terry