From:
Dave++ Ljung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 1995 11:47:29 MDT
I don't think this was mentioned before in the FML, but I have an article
here which my grandfather clipped for me that I think you'll all be happy
to hear about.  I believe it's from the New York Times, and it was within
the last two weeks or so.  Anyways, it's about a couple that is creating a
ferret journal, and it has some good, *accurate* information about
ferrets.  In fact, right next to a ferret picture, there is the caption:

         "The ferret, unfairly maligned as vicious,
            has been domesticated for centuries."

Yea New York Times!  Anyways, the article goes on about the journal that the
couple is creating, and gives some examples of the kind of misinformation
that prompted the couple to start the journal.

If anybody wants to find the article, it was on page 27 of some NYTimes
shortly after June 22, the title was: "Abhorring A Vacuum, 2 Create Ferret
Journal," written by Peter Marks.  The journal itself is called 'Modern
Ferret,' published by Eric and Mary Shefferman.

I think maybe we should let NYTimes know how happy we are that they
publishing information like this - it seems more productive than yelling
at the *many* media giants who are unfortunately spreading misinformation.
(Though I don't know who to get in contact with - if people want I can
look into finding an email address)

Anyways, there ya go!

Enjoy,

Maxmillion Fantastic, Sagittarius Excalibur, Cinder The Cat, Kodi The Bear
(and Dave The Human)