Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 02:37:39 -0600
I realised today trips to the park do a lot more good than just exercising
my boys..

Watching a small child reaching out nervously to pat this strange animal,
and the parents realising this ferret isn't about to maul thier children,
then coming over and enthusiastically stroking them and talking about how
cute they are, how rough thier coat is, how they've never seen a ferret
before, how they never realised what lovely creatures they were, asking
about ferrets and ferret care in general.  Every time I go to the park,
I leave with people who no longer think of ferrets as 'some nasty little
animal', and think more about how nice ferrets can be.

Especially with the government currently trying to spread lies and
exagerations about these 'currently fashionable wild animals' (sarcastic
tone) it is nice to make even a small difference.  Who knows?  Maybe it
will help tip the balance against banning my furry little friends.

- Reet