From:
Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 08:37:07 EDT
I was working on a ferret art last night, and had tiny pieces of work on
the table.  I was trying to paint scenery sitting on the floor.  Two of
my ferrets in a row I watched.  They were able to grasp God knows what to
get up on a wooden chair, and then leaped onto the table with dozens of
miniatures that they could swallow.  I was stunned.  When did they learn
to do this???????????????

I gathered up the fur balls, and locked them in a cage.  Neither of them
have ever been caged by me.  They are two biters that have had multiple
homes and went insane when I put them in the large cage when I brought
them home.  So I decided to wear shoes, shuffle, watch for flying teeth,
and let these guys feel freedom.

I used one of those baggy twists to make sure these guys stayed safely in
the enclosure.  They were busy exploring and dooking as I left them.  No
insanity now.  All was well.

I am now back to painting on the floor in the kitchen when a whispy
thing runs up my arm and perches on my shoulder.  It is Daisy..one of
the ferrets I have just locked away.  I put up my back drop that I am
painting, pick up this pretty, pretty girl, and go to the cage.  KoKo is
out of the cage also.  And the baggie tie has been pick locked.  The two
bars that go down from the door into the lower part of the cage to lock
it have both been lifted.  The door was then nudged up and out.

When Did They Learn To do This?

I move the chair to the middle of the room, and clean my paint brushes
off.  I hear a scream of pain.  It is the 16 pound feral cat I rescued
some years ago.  I recognize the scream as a pain/surprize/Mini-Me has
bitten me cry.  I rush into the bedroom.  The top of the dresser is just
for the cats..with bedding and catnip inside the bedding, and warm soft
blankets over that.  This is their sanctuary.  Mini-Me and Tuffy are
dancing, prancing, gloating, laughing with dooks on ths sacred dresser
top..ruler of all domain.  No ferret has EVER been able to get up there.

When Did They Learn To Do This?