From:
Nilsa Virella <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 12:33:32 EDT
Although I already have 3 other ( older ) ferrets.  (And nichie was only
four weeks old when I got her.) I can't believe my ears!  This past saturday
I just purchase a 7 week old ( maybe 8 weeks ) silver mitt BOY,, that is
just Darling!  He has his own cage for now, due of the tiny of his body,,I
want to wait until he grows a little bit more, so that I can introduce him
to the rest of the gang.  So : he sleeps alone with a plush toy,, and a nyla
bone.  (( BUT ))............... The litter critter,,,, cries when he sees
someone walking by ,,or when he just wants to come out and play.  At
first,,I was alarmed I though he had belly ache or something.  But as soon
as I put him in the floor,,he would run, bite, play like is no tomorrow,,
making LOTS of noise.  So I now he is not ill.  Can someone tell me,,if
there's such a thing as a VERY VOCAL 8 week old?...I mean I know that the
younger they are the more vocal they usually are.  And please remember that
I already had a very young one before.  BUT this is a new one to me.  The
litter thing CRIES I'm telling you, he's just like a newborn.  By the way I
named him " Cheeto " because he is very orange and light tan color.  My
daughter want to call him " Simba" from the Lion King movie, because he
looks that orange and in case he looses that color as he grows older, then
Simba would fit just right.  And by the way,, I noticed that the other 3
ferrets have more than one name.  We kind'a made nicknames for their names
<G>

Well I'll appreciate any info anyone can send my way,, about the crying and
about the color.  The color is so rare,is just like Simba.  Someone mention
to me it could be the food.  He has white mitts with a kick of orange, and
two spots on his stomach that are also orangie,, and the bib is VERY orange
and has no mask but the face has a hint of white, but orange is the color
all over the body with LIGHT cinnamon ( tan ) mixed.  He is very playful and
YES VERY VOCAL.

PS; while  I was  writing this one  he started crying again,I picked him
up and  carried him in a pouch purse,,while I changed his bed and food.
He is  spoil already!
Thanks  you  all :)
Nilsa Virella   a.k.a.  Nichi ;)