From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 00:37:46 -0400
I received this following post from a lady in Mississippi.  She is not able
to help out with the ferrets, but is very concerned.  If at all possible,
could anyone in the area help out?  None of the females are fixed, they were
used in breeding, and when the breeder realized there was no money in ferret
breeding, he decided he wanted them no more.

If you are able to help out, could you please e-mail me so I can let this
nice lady know.  As I said, she wants to help, but is the only working
member of the family already supporting many animals.

>Hi Randy!
>I'd love to post this somewhere, but I don't know what the FML is.  I
>surely do thank you for your offer of assistance!
>
>I only wish I could afford to get them myself, but right now, we just can't
>afford one at what he wants to charge (the least expensive spay I can find
>is around $90, plus whatever shots would be needed and any other veterinary
>costs), much less five!  I would dearly love it if we could become a
>serious ferret math household!
>
>The only thing I have for this guy is a phone number, and if anybody needs
>to call him, I think he leaves for work sometime before 9 a.m. CST.  The ad
>reads as follows:
>
>      FERRET, ADORABLE adult female, various
>      colors, $65 Call (228) 826 - 5833
>
>This ad ran in the Sunday edition of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Sun Herald
>in the pets section.  I'm not familiar with the location of the new 826
>prefix, but he will be somewhere on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, because I
>did not have to dial a 1.
>
>I don't know if he was ignorant, greedy or what, (possibly sleepy, seeing
>as I called him just after 8 :), but he was not exactly a fount of helpful
>information.  If you could post whatever needs to be posted, I would be so
>grateful - even though I can't get them out of there, I'd be relieved to
>know they'd be getting proper care and good homes.
>
>Thank you, thank you, thank you! And bless you!
>-dlj

The Ferret Aid Society
http://home.echo-on.net/~magick