From:
"CHRISTINE L. HAMILTON" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 15:55:10 EST
Hi all!  This is our first post ("we" being Thelma, Louise, 1 and 1/2 year
old females, and I, 22 year old female).

I've enjoyed the FML for several weeks now, and have learned a lot!  (Mostly
how ignorant I was when I first bought the girls.)

Now I need some advice.  Louise went into heat last summer, even though she
was supposed to be neutered.  I've been seeing a good vet who seems to know
his stuff, and he recommends exploratory surgery to look for remnants of
ovarian tissue.  This sounds good to me, since I don't want the Little One
to die of anemia this summer.  However, I thought a second opinion via the
FML would really put my mind at rest.

Also, the vet found a *small* heart murmur.  He said it wouldn't cause a
problem with the anasthesia (yes, he uses isoflurane), but he wants to check
the size of her heart (with an x-ray) b/c of possible cardiomyopathy.  It
seemed to me he was just making sure, and it wasn't a real probability.  Do
I need to worry?

Christine Hamilton

"Ivanova is always right.  I will listen to Ivanova.  I
 will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations.  And if this
 ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your
 lungs out!" - The Babylon 5 Mantra