From:
Maree Clapham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 09:01:28 GMT
Please help urgently.  My ferret has taken ill and the vets are fairly
inexperienced with ferrets in N.Z.  She did not eat much for about 4days
but was otherwise her normal active self.  then thismorning she appeared to
have a seizure which looked like she was scratching her nose and her hind
end is weak.  The vet thought it could be distemper but since she has no
mucous in her eyes and nose and her back end is floppy, not rigid maybe its
something else neurological.  She was given cortisol and antibiotics in
case it was menengitis and appears perkier tonight.  She has no contact
with dogs or any other ferrets(unless theres been a wild one talking to her
through the cage) Has anyone had a similar experience??  or has any
information/advice pleeeeease mail me urgently and directly.

Thanks
Maree Clapham ([log in to unmask])