From:
Kevin Farlee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 08:35:26 -0700
Just a quick note to share my experiences.

At our shelter, Advantage has been the standard flea treatment for
YEARS. In that time well over a thousand ferrets have passed through
and on to their Forever Homes. In all that time with all those ferrets,
I've never seen a reaction such as the one described.

Not that I don't believe that it happens, I'm sure that it does. Just
that it is a LONG way from common.

To be sure, there are other safe and effective flea treatments out
there, with Revolution being one of the primary ones, since it also
takes care of earmites and heartworm.

I just don't want people to get worked up about a product which really
does have an excellent safety record.

Remember that one of the common hairloss patterns for adrenal is for it
to start over the shoulder-blades. THAT I've seen many times on ferrets
coming into the shelter, never treated with Advantage (and in some
cases never treated with flea treatments at all...)

Kevin Farlee
President, Washington Ferret Rescue & Shelter