Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:23:42 -0700
Just over three months ago I purchased something on Ebay, but was never
sent the item (NOT ferret-related).  For almost three months I wrote
asking about the item, but to no avail or response.  When the 90 day
deadline approached, I requested Paypal and EBay get involved, which
they did, and the person sent a refund (with lots of verbal nastiness, I
might add).  Unfortunately, soon after I became aware that I was getting
an inordinate amount of spam.  I had been signed up to at least 1000
internet sites, mostly benign, some porn, some just silly stuff.  This
generates hundreds of emails per day (today was 523 spams).  I have
proded Yahoo and others into action, and the guy has since promised to
stop.

Unfortunately, I still have the spam.  I am unsubscribing from most of
it, but it will take awhile.  In the meantime, important email gets lost
in the shuffle, and some just sails into the spam folder and I don't see
it.  I talked with friends about just dropping the talktobobc emaill
address, but it is so familiar that I hate to lose it.  So, I will just
have patience and slowly end the spam.

The bottom line is that for the next few weeks expect difficulties in
reaching me.  I'll do my best not to miss an important message.

Bob C  [log in to unmask]