From:
"Steven J. Kroeger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 1995 09:18:46 EST
Reference Sables from Soviet Union.  I work with a group of gentlemen from
the former Soviet Union and forwarded the question about importing a Sable
from their country.  The answer is NO WAY for it to happen legally.  As Yuri
put it "if you like gulags (siberian prison) go right ahead and take the
chance".  According to what I gleaned from the conversation, Sables are like
a national treasure and very strictly guarded and managed.  Yuri has been
over here now for 6 months this trip , longest he's been away from TAZ
(Tasha Alexandra Zurisivich, sp?) his 3 year old blackeyed white female.  He
says "it ees like giving up the drug, you vant it but you can no get it".  I
do beleive the man really misses his fuzzy.  I invited him over to the house
this weekend to give him a fuzzy fix, boy will my 4 go crazy.