From:
"Dr. Gary Holowicki" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 1995 13:49:35 EDT
BFF Infogram, 6/6/95

From Gary Holowicki, [log in to unmask]

     Well, I spent 2 hours on the phone with Pete Gober in Piere, SD., and he
faxed me 18 pages of letters from Carolyn to Morgenwerk & his answers to her,
etc..  "They picked apart her letters item by item, & generally seemed very
entrenched in doing things "their way", whether it has truthful logic or not.
Typical government.
        Pete, on the ther hand, was hoping Carolyn & "us" as a group would
continue to probe into and demand things be done better.  He seemed quite on our
side, but without the authority to stop the elder release.  He also confided
that the Living Care Center proposal should address the proceedures used by the
American Zoo Association's since they currently have permits for BFF care.  He
said the LCC does not have to follow all those proceedures, such as a shower in
& shower out method to prevent disease control, as these elders won't be
introduced to the wild population.  "It's ok to disagreee with some things they
do, just say why".
        I asked him for a complete list of the releases to date and tracking,
survival results.  He said results of Mondays' release would be posted every two
days.  He was unable to say if the June 19th release would be cancelled if
"enough" of Mondays' release were killed.  It was hard telling if there ever is
such a thing as "enough" animals killed for these people.
        I honestly am struggling with a lot of emotional distress, & hold on to
my Timmy whenever he's wandering by, & saying lots of prayers for the elders.
I'm also praying for the fish & game people
        More information to follow as I get it.
Sincerely, Gary