From:
Roger Vaughn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 11:08:36 -0500
>Hi all-- the difference IS important at times.  The vets in new york
>charge twice as much for ferret vists and care becasue they are
>classified as exotics.
>
>[Moderator's note: I suppose beer must be exotic too, because that
>costs twice as much in New York City as in most other places too!
>BIG]

LOL!  Funny, Bill!  But what *doesn't* cost twice as much in NYC?

The same is true here in Tampa, though.  I love my vet, but the hospital
classifies ferrets as exotics, so my ferret visits cost...maybe not twice
as much, but at least 1.5x as much as my cat visits.  Even at that only
one of the two docs there will see them.

roger & the fuzzies
missing bear

[Moderator's note: Hey, I was in Tampa less than 10 hours ago!, and yes,
the beer was cheaper.  Anyhow, that was my point though -- the Animal
Medical Center in NYC charges the same absurd rate to see a ferret or
a cat or a dog... BIG]