From:
The Weyr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2013 19:47:54 -0800
A lot of chatter about the deslorelin implants and how well they work.

I've posted a couple of times about our (failed) experiment using them
for adrenal. What I failed to share was this: All of the ferrets we
implanted, every single one of them, got an increase in their blood
sugar levels of 10 points. Every one. So if you have some one you are
having trouble getting their BG up . . .

we did not track them to see how long it lasted. I did some cursory
research at the time and found a possible link between some adrenal
tumors and some insulinomas (help me Sukie!). But what ever the reason,
the elevated blood glucose levels were across the board.

My suspicion with the ferrets who don't seem to be responding well in
the adrenal department but still show a return to vigor or just down
right 'I feel better', is that elevation. Total speculation, but I
thought I would share.

Brenda
FurpeopleWeyr.com