From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:57:37 -0500
I was asked what "green" means.
A. Less polluting, less wasteful of resources

And someone pointed out that if "reduce internal heating" is thought of
in terms of solar gain then light roofs do that, but I was trying to
speak from the point of reducing energy use so in that case it reduces
the amount of A/C used because the building wouldn't get heated as much
from solar gain. Of course, where that pays off depends on where the
person is located as well as other factors.

Anyway, just one of those phrases which can be taken two vvery
different ways. Happens to us all.

Home news: I have surgeon's permission to go as a car passenger for
the long trip to see Dad IF it becomes essential (because it won't be
anywhere near as good for my surgical outcome and healing) and if I
get out and walk every two hours and obey the other restrictions. He
made it through the night so today they are doing testing. He also is
stronger today so he may not pass this time.

[A later P.S.:]
Dad and his test results later took a turn for the worse so it will
be up and down for a while till we know what will happen.

Hilbert Ferret accidently caused me to get into a position last
night that has left me with abdominal pain but everything is still
functioning alright so I don't think the surgery was damaged at all.
Poor Hilly! When he realized that Mom had an "ouchie" he came running
to me and covered me with kisses, and all day today he has been
guarding me whenever he is awake. For those wondering, I had had a
cystocele and prolapsed urethra, and was at risk of complications like
urinary stones, damage from infections, etc. if it wasn't repaired.
Because of a complication I have I had to wait for a urogynecology prof
to do it and had it with a hefty number of local anesthesia shots. The
first thing the surgeon said to Steve when it was done was, "Your wife
is TOUGH!" LOL! Ah, getting older...

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: