From:
Christine Belsom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 09:39:20 -0500
hello, everyone.  I'm not sure if I've introduced myself... I've been
lurking.

My name's Christine and I am ruled by two adoreable ferrets -- Janice (a
black sable) and Prospero (a chocolatey ferret).  We were all wondering if
there were any Louisianians on this list, and if they lived in the New
Orleans area.  (if not, that's okay, too.) It's just that there's ferret
shelters and organizations all over, but I haven't found any here.
(organizations.  I think there's a shelter about 2 hrs from here).

My S.O.'s mother (from whom I acquired Janice -- the S.O. couldn't take
care of her properly.  Janice said he was only human and that we would make
him pay for it by putting him in charge of cleaning up poop in the
"forbidden" corners for a month.  This worked until Janice became fairly
litter trained....) ANYway, this woman actually suggested once that Janice
would be "happier in a zoo, with other ferrets." I ask you, fellow ferret
subjects, have you ever in your life seen a ferret in a ZOO?!  This was when
I thought maybe us Loosianians needed to be "learned a thing or two" about
our fuzzies.

So what do you say, guys?  Anyone want to be a little bit active about our
enthusiasm, or share how much love and fuzziness the little guys bring us?

--Christine, with Janice (hey! I wanna play, too, mom! can I be the mascot?
Or                      maybe I can help by crawling under this cabinet!)
            and Prospero (yeah, me, too!  I'll be the cage climber and bean
                          bag attacker!)