From:
Urban Fredriksson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 1995 18:47:08 MET
A weekend without ferrets
I thought there were going to be noisy work going on where I live, with
drilling holes in the foundation in order to install new electical power
wires, so I left my ferrets with my parents over the weekend.

So what did I do when they weren't present?  Everything I can't do with
them around.  Cleaning is a bit bothersome, as I can't leave the vacuum
cleaner unattended, as they will steal it from me.  I also cleaned and
rearranged all shelves with bonsai and other plants on; Installed new
lighting over them; Threw out a lot of rubbish and junk.

What I didn't do was to practice air pistol shooting, something I gave up
when I discovered not that they didn't like the noise, but that they
would start climbing on my clothes in order to get close to the source of
the sound of me firing it.  Also climbing up on things close to the path
of the bullets, which isn't safe.  Evidently they hear the noise very
differently from me.  Perhaps they even hear the bullets in flight.

I didn't have time to feel lonely, as I was busy all the time.

Nutrition study
I hope to have it by the end of March, but I'm not certain I can find
someone to translate it well.  If I can, you'll get to read it, or an
extract, here.  Perhaps we'll also get a recipe for scientifically
formulated food.

-- Urban Fredriksson [log in to unmask]