Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 20:41:37 -0500
Hi Gang and thanks to those who emailed me personally.

As an update to Oscar, I got him to the vet this morning (after fasting
him, except for water) for four hours.  His blood glucose level came
back 92, which is well within normal range.

After several x-rays with a machine that was acting up, they finally got
a side view and a tummy up view.  His heart is normal size, no blockages
showed up ( I know they don't always show) his spleen is about five times
bigger then normal, but the vet said she'd seen bigger with no problems,
his lungs, kidneys etc all looked fine and he had small amounts of gas in
his intestines (which again pointed to no blockages).

He is peeing and his poops are normal coloured although still not as
large as usual.  He is eating some dry kibble by himself and I am feeding
him duck soup every five to six hours, all of which he eats.  He is
drinking as usual.

After going through all this with my local vet, she still did not have
any answer for me.  We have put him on AD cat food (I have added it to
the duck soup).  So $214.00 later I still am in the dark and will have
to take him to the Barrie vet or another one she recommended in Toronto.
A lot of money for no answers.

I will be weighing Oscar in every morning for the next couple of days and
keep up his feeding schedule and see how he does, will let you know how
it goes.

Take care......Jaine
Mudder & the Orillia Kids....Sam, Molly, George, Oscar & Tigger