Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 1997 09:59:54 -0500
Rebecca said:

>First I would like to respond to the person who thought I said Shelter's
>charge $150 - $400 (Comment was something like "WHOA THERE NELLIE ...).
>Obviously they misread my post.  I responded privately to them, but I just
>want to make sure no one else thought that was what I was saying.
>
>Here is a copy of my response for anyone else who misread my post:
>    position to buy one or perhaps several ferret at $150 to $400
>    apiece to still get one.

The problem with the above sentence is that no commas were used.  The
sentence could have two different meanings, depending on where the commas
were put (there are no commas at all).  Here is an example of what I mean:

>    I said shelters allow many people, who are NOT in a financial
>    position to buy one or perhaps several ferret at $150 to $400
>    apiece, to still get one.

Means this: In other words people who CAN'T buy one for $150 to $400 at a
BREEDER, can still get one from a shelter at a MUCH lower price.

>    I said shelters allow many people who are NOT in a financial
>    position, to buy one or perhaps several ferret at $150 to $400
>    apiece to still get one.

Means this: shelters allow people to buy ferrets at $150-$400 each.

I don't mean to be nitpicking, just wanted to point this out.

-cadel