From:
Melissa Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 17:37:28 -0500
Don't worry.  It just takes some patience.  I have 2 ferrets who are just
over 1 year old and they are really only just now starting to like being
held for a VERY small amount of time.  It works wonders to have treats to
give them while you are holding them, and finding their favorite spot to be
scratched.  My older 2 wont sit still for long either, but one is content
as long as you are scrathing him between his sholder blades and the other
is fine as long as he is on your shoulders.  Just have patience, you will
have plenty of time to get the baby comfortable with being held.

Melissa
Sox, Spaz, Badger, Aspen (ferets)
Spreit (great Dane puppy)