From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 16:58:26 -0400
I am searching for data on these malignancies: prognoses, prognoses if
amputation if confined to a rear leg, chemo protocols for, etc.

I can find what is the FHL Archives and will be checking some vet texts
and websites, but in case you know of a write up in a website, please,
don't assume that I know of it and, please, do forward the URL.

Six month old Chiclet continues to fever despite the two antibiotics and
her fever is worse: 105.5'F.

That rear leg looks like the photos of osteosarcoma and leiomyosarcoma,
but there is something in there which bleeds more than it should.  The
area around the node is also swollen and it is very tender.  There may
be an abdominal node up; that was unclear.

Today she had a re-cytology done from that one node (aspirate; she's not
up to a full biopsy but it may need to be risked), further x-rays (limb a
bit dark but otherwise nothing, chest still clear), blood drawn (but her
veins refused to give much and it coagulates way too fast to do as many
tests as he'd like to do -- faster than normal ferret fast -- which was
a bad thing that one other time we encountered it in a little girl with
lympho), and she is probably going to have an ultrasound this week.

As you can guess our regular vet is back, but Chiclet is really in bad
shape.  Steve and I are sleeping shifts and focusing on her care since
she is almost totally hands-on care now for food and fluids (Luckily,
she still eats and drinks fine from a spoon or fingers), cleaning (since
she can't walk), meds, etc.

Help finding info and ideas of prognoses are greatly appreciated because
otherwise we may miss something she needs.