From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 2009 02:58:34 -0500
Patty Ducharme <[log in to unmask]> wrote
>Help!! I have a question, my husband is on the hunt for a black
>ferret. Or maybe there called a black sable? Very beautiful, we
>have went to three different shelters, every petco we can find.
>But havent seen one.

There are definitely black and black sable ferrets being bred in the
US. The thing is, they are bred mostly by the small private breeders.
Most private breeders have people who get ferrets from them sign a
contract stating if they can't keep the ferret, they will return it to
the breeder. Responsible breeders do not want to increase the burden
on shelters, and so privately bred ferrets usually do not end up in
shelters.

How do I know there are black ferrets you ask - well, I have some. But,
I am located near the other Washington - as in DC. So, I am not much
help to you.

However, there are some private breeders out in the Pacific Northwest,
and some of them do breed black ferrets. I would suggest trying to
locate them, and get on their waiting lists. There is a great demand
for black ferrets these days, so there are often waiting lists.

Here are some links with pictures of some of the private breeder's
black ferrets Unfortunately, these are all East Coast or Central US
people.
     http://www.mindspring.com/~ferrets/Mustaherukka.htm
     http://www.mindspring.com/~ferrets/Auslese.htm
     http://www.gfxferret.com/09kits/zap/black_sable_jill_13wks.html
     http://www.hattrickferrets.com/currentlitters.html
     http://danee.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album63
     http://danee.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album29

Danee DeVore
ADV - If your ferret hasn't been tested, you don't know!
For more information visit:
http://www.ferretadv.com
ADV - Find out how you can help:
http://help4adv.terrabox.com/