From:
"Irena Arthur (OPS|schwanke)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 12:24:35 EDT
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to know more about the HSUS.  I have been a member of this
organization for a few months now.  Since I love animals I figured it was a
worthy cause and I have been sending them $10 a month.  I did not check into
the organization because I ASSUMED (we all know what they say about assump-
tions) that it was legitimate.  I am not gullible enough to believe that the
Humane Society does not euthanize animals after a period of time (although
people have tried to tell me that they keep them indefinitely until they
find a home) but I had no idea that they were anti-pet.  Just what kind of
group am I giving my money to.  I don't want to support anyone who is
working against and not for animals.  Please send more details!!!!

Re:  Ear licking-Lucy cleans EVERYONE'S ears.  Since Lucy is very cuddley
everyone in my extended family loves her and so she is the first one that
they all go for when they come to visit.  The minute that anyone picks her
up for a little kiss and cuddle Lucy has to check their ears.  She checks
them both and cleans them on an as need basis (this includes the dogs, cats,
and Chelsea as well).  It tickles a lot and I consider myself very lucky
to have such a good little mommy who takes care of all of us as well as she
does.

Female vs.  Male-I have two females (Lucy and Chelsea, of course) and they
have completely opposite personalities.  Lucy is very cuddley and mothering
and docile while Chelsea is a little wild woman who will not tolerate being
held for more than a few seconds.  Chelsea is also prone to getting very
excited and bites a lot during adrenaline highs.  Lucy would rather run when
confronted while Chelsea backs up to get a running start and then attacks
from the air with her mouth WIDE open.  I am not sure about ferrets, after
all I consider many of you the experts, but I apply the same beliefs to my
girls as any other animal and that is...I do not believe that you can make a
blanket judgement on personality/behavior by the animals sex.  Lucy and
Chelsea may both be female but that is where the similarity ends.  Other
than sex they have little in commom, they are their own "person" with
different likes, dislikes, temperaments, and personalities.  I consider Lucy
my feminine little girl and Chelsea my ____-raising little tom-boy!

God Bless and Love to All,
        Irena...Lucy and Chelsea's mom