From:
Christine Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 17:09:03 -0500
>From:    Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: My stress caused Jackson's death in dryer
>
>...This was the hardest lesson I have ever learned with an animal.  I
>can only hope that my confessing it to all of you may save a ferret
>life someday.

Oh, Judy - this is one of the most horrific things a fuzzy-lover can
experience and I give you GREAT credit for your courage in posting this.
I know EXACTLY what you're going through right now.  We lost our dear
sweet Pippin last summer when she, too, crawled into the dryer when my
hubby was not looking.  Like you, he had checked the dryer several times
and we were always so very careful about dangers in the house.  Even
though there is now a huge barrier at the kitchen door, we are still
overly protective and live in fear of accidents, despite our best efforts
to cut down on the free-roam areas of our home.  We have Pip's ashes in
our living room as a constant reminder.

The pain will never go away, hun - but do your very best to forgive
yourself.  Jackson already forgives you, please know that.  It was his
time to go and the Great Spirit now has him cradled in His loving hands
as Jackson waits for you at the bridge.  You must try your best to put
this behind you.  I know you've already learned from it and even though
your heart is feeling like so many shards of broken glass, you must
remain strong for your other babies.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk or just need a shoulder to cry
on... big hugs and flowing tears for those of us left behind to grieve.

*DookLover*