From:
Rick Beveridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 08:08:08 -0800
A few weeks ago I posted a site where people having problems medicating
their ferrets could go to see how I do it.  I am more than happy to report
that only 34 visitors were logged on from our ferret community of almost
3000.  What I understood as a common problem with ferret owners.......
isn't.  And that's GOOD news.

Only one person complained that my information was misleading and that was
in respect to the spitting distance of a ferret not wanting to take
medicine.  I had suggested the spitting distance was 8 feet.  The
'complainer' stated the distance the spit travels is directly related to the
taste of the medicine, and could actually reach distances much greater than
8 feet.  The 'complainer' suggested I taste test the medicine first in order
to better judge the 'spit factor'.  I will do some testing and update my
calculations accordingly.