Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 12:54:09 -0400
Yes, ferrets are not legal as of yet in DC.  It's been close to being
signed off as a welcome pet for years now, and they just keep moving it
on the back burner because not enough people take an interest to see it
change.

Renting in our metro area is probably similar as any large metro area.
It depends upon how much effort the ferret owner wants to put forth.
There are several apartments out there that accept ferrets and do not
charge any extra in deposit nor do they keep it if you clean up when
you move.  As for affordable - housing isn't cheap in the area.  If you
both work then you'll have more luck affording it.  I'm not sure what
you make, so it's hard to comment.

Faith