From:
Christy Ijams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 16:55:06 -0500
Hi all!! I have been lurking for quite some time, and wanted to intruduce
myself... My name is Christy and I am owned by the most fabulous little
critter named Zephyr.  We both love this list and have gotten much useful
info from it (Great job Bill!!)

I need to tap into some of your expertise....
I have been trying to adopt a friend for Zephyr for quite some time (through
Greater Chicago Ferret Assoc ) Norm at the shelter (a VERY friendly and
helpful man) said that all the ferrets had some kind of flu, and this has
been going on since the fall.(the first time I called was in October) They
are not adopting out to anyone who already has a ferret, because even the
ferrets that are not sick, seem to be carriers and they do not want any of
our little fuzzies getting sick (thankfully) He also said that 'researchers'
from all over the place are trying to find out what this is.  Of course I
would never do anything to harm my baby, but I think he's getting really
lonely and I would really love to get him a friend....I guess my questions
is: do any of you know what this is?  I've heard mention of 'ECE' on this
list and dont know what this is....same thing?  I am very hesitant to buy
one from a pet store, as so many need to be 'adopted', but also, because I
won't know if they are sick either.  Anyferret need a good home in the NW
suberbs of Chicago area?  Any info/advise would be greatly appreciated,
either post or Email me directly at [log in to unmask]

Thanks so much!!!
(By the way, I always thought when Zeph was talking to me he said 'wacka
wacka wacka'  ; )  )