From:
Shawn & Lori <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 13:22:18 -0800
Dear all,

I am quite a bit behind in the Harry Potter movement, but have recently
started reading the series of books.  I have seen a disturbing trend in
these books - Ferrets are not ever put in a good light.  The two best
examples I can give you are as follows:

In the third book, the Hogwart's gamekeeper is sheltering a half eagle
half horse creature in his cabin.  At one point when Harry and his
friends come to visit the gamekeeper, a fairly detailed description of
how the creature is eating and crunching on a bowl of dead ferrets is
given.

In the fourth book, which I am currently reading, the new Defense Against
the Dark Arts teacher turns the school bully into a ferret for punishment
and slams the transfigured student into the floor and walls repeatedly.

I do not find these occurances of ferrets in the famous book series
appropriate or in good taste. What are your thoughts on the subject?

       From:
Lori and Rat's Brats

$200 Left to raise for Loki's surgery - Visit Turn Back the Clock DVDs
to help:
stores.ebay.com/turnbacktheclockdvds