From:
bmacgregor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 15:23:17 -0500
It has been a month since I have been on the FML and I absolutely look
forward to each issue!  It has been informative, interesting, funny and sad,
and each issue reminds me that the common bond here is our love of these
wonderful little animals.  Thank you to those responsible for this Ferret
Digest and I truly appreciate the advice of those who are busy otherwise,
yet take the time to answer the myriad of questions posted regularly.
Thanks to those contributors who add humour as they relate their stories.
Waiting for Lynn to add another instalment of the cats/ferret situation!
Also, welcome back Kelleen!

To keep me from rambling (for I am a true rambler who loves to talk, and
talk...) I offer a few tidbits in "point" form:

- Body Shop lip balm may be an answer to dry little ferret feet
- for the bottom of my baby's cage I use small woven mats (available at
  any dept store) folded to fit the cage, if necessary and just toss in
  the washer
-"Katyee Forti-Diet" (protein 35%/fat 18%)- is available at Pet Valu stores
  in Ontario:phone 800-Kaytee-1
- one day little Katy spilled a drink and when she heard me coming down the
  hall to check the noise, she flopped to her tummy and lay there, watching
  me with those wonderful eyes, I could hear her say "I'm sorry, mommy" (It
  wasn't a pout - it was an apology) :)
- Katy loves cheerios, peanut butter and raisins as treats (I give her a
  raisin every few days, about eight cheerios daily, and just a speck of
  peanut butter once in a while
- Katy loves to line her "day-time" bed under my dresser with mini-pads:
  the girls at the pharmacy are starting to look at me kinda funny/they
  whisper behind their hands too when I buy a box of those things weekly :)
- making beds is a joy when my little ferret leaps and dooks in delight when
  I shake the sheets out over her, as she bounces on the mattress - laughing
  at "my" antics (it takes a long time to make the bed these days!)

Enjoy your ferrets (and other pets) and love 'em as much as you can!

Sincerely,

Jean and Katy (mommy, when is it going to be spring?)