From:
Kimberly Bruno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2006 00:59:43 +0000
Hello Everyone,

Recently there was an article was in last Saturday's edition of the
Contra Costa Times about ferrets.  To read the article, please go to
http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/community/14946958.htm

Today one of the regular columnists, Gary Bogue who writes an animal
column has asked for all of the ferrets in California to email or write
to him and to tell him how many ferrets live in their house and what the
ferrets names are and what city they live in.  Please be aware he is
asking for the ferrets names, not the human names.  To see what he wrote
today please go to
http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/living/14976709.htm
He would like to get a better estimate of just how many ferrets are in
California.  I really think it would be great if he could see just how
many of us are our there.  His email address is [log in to unmask] the
ferret legalization issue is getting some attention and I don't think
we should let it die down.  If you know anyone else with a ferret in
California, please pass this on.

One more thing, on the original article that was written if you could
please go to the link and at the bottom of the page is a section to make
comments, please do so.  You do not have to give last names, but let's
show them how many people have something to say about this issue.  You
have until Friday July 7th to make comments.  At that time the article
will go into archives and you will have to pay to read it, but will not
be able to post comments anymore.  I know someone that is going to print
out all of the comments and send them along with the article to senators
and the Governor.  Even if you don't live in California please post, tell
your stories, that you left California because ferets were illegal, or
that you have passed up job offers because ferrets are illegal, or that
you won't travel in California because of the ferret ban.  Thnak you.