Date:
Sat, 24 May 2003 10:41:16 -0500
I had to respond to this.  Lucy died a year ago last February.  We had a
very close bond and she was my only cuddler.  She was always there for
me while I was going thru some very difficult times.  She always knew
when I needed kisses and cuddling.  The day after she died, one of my
other ferrets, Greta, immediately took her place as my cuddler.  I know
Lucy asked her to do that.  Then I got a baby ferret about a month later.
I am convinced that Lucy has been "coaching" him from the Other Side,
since he does the exact same "naughty" things she used to do.  I even
find myself calling him "Lucy" sometimes because he is so much like her.

But the main thing I wanted to share, is that she occasionally visits
me at night.  About six months after she died, I was awakened one night
by a ferret walking across the foot of my bed.  I turned the light on,
thinking I forgot to put one of the fuzzies in the cage.  There was no
ferret to be seen.  I checked the cage and all were accounted for and the
doors were closed tight.  After that, I got visits about once a week,
sometimes when I was still awake but laying in bed with the lights out.
One night she woke me up walking across my pillow and over my head.  I
always turn the light on, just in case it might be one of my others, but
it never is.  Now, I just say "Hi Lucy, I love you.  Thanks for stopping
by".  I also, occasionally see shadows of a ferret running past me, out
of the corner of my eye.  I know she is still with me and that makes me
very happy.  It took about 6 months before she made her first visit,
so be patient if your newly crossed fuzzy hasn't shown signs yet.  But
sometimes the signs can be very subtle, so don't miss things that aren't
so obvious.

Barb and the three amigos, Greta, Yogi, and Bailey, and our special
visitor, Lucy.