From:
citygirl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 19:03:12 -0600
Ok folks, the prayers obviously worked.  Many thanks first of all to Dr.
Schildnecht who came in to operate early in the AM on Sat on his day off
because he was concerned about my furry.  He said he would say a prayer
before surgery.  She does not have cancer--thank you God.  She had some
kind of infected oil gland--she came home Saturday evening with 10 stitches
but after a couple of days of rest she is once again running around.  They
couldnt find a hood to fit her as Sara is a bit of a pin head--little head
with same size neck so a hood wouldnt work--so far she has not messed with
her stitches.  When I brought her into the vets office Friday-I had a
chance to do a lot of ferret education with the clients there.  One lady
said she really wanted a ferret.  I gave her my name and # which I seldom
do and told her a shelter would have just the ferret or pair for her.
Others asked about the ferrets and we discussed the maintenance costs
which should always be considered.

Vet only charged $40 for surgery,etc.  Bless his heart.  He knows he will
always get money from us for our babies.  Thanks also to June who listened
to me talk her ear off over a somewhat crappy cell phone line (mine).  She
was really a godsend.  Also thanks to the people at the mycoupons board for
their prayers.  There are lots of ferret owners there also.  I am known as
Ferretsey there.  Ferret owners are the greatest people in the world (there
are a few exceptions) and I am proud to be owned by now 4 fuzzies with two
over the bridge.  The FML has taught me so much about ferrets--the kinds of
foods, the litter to use and the rabies vaccines.  We also decided to wait
out this year to get distemper shots--the ferrets are getting up in years
and I hate to take a chance on them getting ill.

With love
Ferretsey