Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 1995 10:55:16 -0500
Hi Scott:
        About your pet's anal irritation... have you tried discontinuing
the kitty litter and just use newspaper? I prefer paper because it
doesn't produce dust for them to inhale, it doesn't cost anything, they
don't bury their leavings anyway and I can fold paper up into any corner
to protect the walls:). I tried litter training my ferret. He looked at me
as if to say: "what do you take me for, a cat?" then proceeded to poo on the
outside of the litterbox wall. I don't mean to *butt* in, but for me, it
seemed crazy to try to get my ferret to behave like a cat. If I wanted a cat I
would have adopted one of them instead... Good luck, I hope things work out
(no pun intended)!:)

                        Kari in Mass