From:
Vicki Menolly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 16:06:19 -0500
Hi everybody!  No sleep again last nite.  Rex, my white albino, got upstairs
when no one was watching and crawled into the attic for a nap.  10 hours
later, I was awakened by my son, Doug, pounding the floor up there with a
board trying to wake him up.  Well, it woke ME up...  After much pleading and
begging, he finally woke up and emerged from his hiding place, covered in
insulation fibers.  Now it's bathtime, at 1:25 AM!!  Okay, that's done, now
he wants to dry himself off.  Running around, rubbing his head and body on
the carpet, so funny to watch him even if I was cranky. Fresh water, fill his
food dish, and off to bed we go.

We were worried he got outside somehow, it was around 10 degrees last nite
here in NY.  Would he have survived the evening if he had?  Doug asked me
this and I have no answer, anyone know?

Now. a poem....

A Ferret's Ode to Lost Socks

Sleek and slender, smart and swift,
Two ferrets lurk, in search of stuff to lift.
Darting in and out of shadows, they find
Stuff to steal, Hope none's mine!

Sniffing and searching, quickly they run,
Sidewinding through the house, having fun!
Plastic bags are favorite toys,
Where's those earplugs, Damn! The noise!

Lost your keys?  You're out of luck.
Under the couch, they might be tucked.
Let's go look, see what's there.
Move the couch, What a Pair!

Keys, socks, cookies, more!
They've opened their own ferret store.
Those fuzzie fluffs, good thing they're cute!
Or else I'd give them both the boot.

But who can resist a sloppy kiss,
Being owned by two ferrets,
Enviable Bliss!!!!

For the Rex-tr Ferret and Felicia, the EESH!  Loves of my life!!!