From:
Georgette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 1995 19:07:32 EST
About ferrets coming when they're called - HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Sorry, couldn't
help it. My middle boy, boss of the joint, Nik will only come if I shake the
raisin box and/or do "kissie" noises - the latter only if he isn't busy being
a trouble maker!! If I call his name, I swear he's stone-deaf! But open the
fridge door and he's there!

Gushi knows his name and will usually come - the "kissie" noise seems to get
their attention better though, so I usually call the name and then "kiss up".

Buster knows his name very well - if I hear him scratching at something he
shouldn't be and I do the excuse-me-you-naughty-boy tone of voice, he stops or
at least temporarily. He almost always comes when called.

Geisha, my most recent addition, a foundling, sometimes acknowledges that I'm
talking to her but I think I may have confused her by often referring to her as
 SweetCheeks (she's got such a fat little bum!). It didn't take her long to
figure out what the rattling raisin box meant though!!

We, my boyfriend and I, noticed that Geisha has become quite fondly attached to
 Buster. He doesn't play as roughly with her - she sometimes kicks his fuzzy
butt - but also that whatever he does or wherever he goes, she tries to do or
follow. It's so cute! I jokingly refer to them as boyfriend/girlfriend. She
tries to play with the other two boys but they play too rough sometimes and are
 heavier (esp. Gushi) than her and Buster.

Anyone else have giggling ferrets?? Buster is such a happy, go-lucky fella! He
gets all excited and bounces and giggles his way thru the apartment! He has
a high-pitched chuckle, hence the giggling ferret!

One last thing, my friend Miranda has a ferret named Felicia. Lately Felicia
has been pooping wherever she pleases. Miranda is a full-time student and
works part-time - could this be Felicia's hint to Miranda that she's lonely and
 she's attempting to get mom's attention?? Miranda wants to get her a companion
 but her parents don't like the idea. Any hints or tips to either get Felicia
to behave herself in toilet-matters and/or to convince Miranda's parents to let
 her get another carpet shark??

Thanks for letting me ramble - happy ferret dancing!!

George and the furry-ous foursome!